Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Update on the Overlay

Since last time i posted, other then going a little Crazy, not much has happened in moving forward with this planning permit because..

1. The block is not yet in our name (as we haven't titled) just makes it a little harder to apply for the planning permit, I had to get in contact with The Avenue about getting them to sign the permit paper work to say the block is in there name atm, (Which they didn't seem to want to do at all) I spoke with Jill at the Avenue and after a few days of waiting she got back to me and told me that they would not be tittling stage 12 unless they were able to get a release on the overlay from Melbourne water for the whole estate(meaning we wouldn't be in need of a permit), I'm guessing this is because it runs right through every block in stage 12, and she advised that this should be happening any day now and that i should not bother lodging my own application because it would be pointless, but after getting this information i decided i would speak to the Casey council to see what there advise would be for me, as i wasn't sure what Jill was telling me was right, and they told me that they would have no idea when the overruling would come through and either would the Avenue, it could be anytime in the next 6 months (although and am starting to get a feeling that the council tends to exaggerate time periods), they advised me to lodge the application anyway and if it was cleared when the land titled i would be safe either way.

2. Metricon were now in the process of getting my new plans drawn up for me, to include the overlay but because you have to have the level surveys on the land done for the permit application plans, they had to send the surveyor's out to the block to do this, which they then did but because the land isn't completely subdivided yet, and there are no pegs in also the land hasn't be completely cleared yet (we have a huge pile of dirt right on our block) the surveys were unable to do the levels, Kate(CSC) sent me through an email saying that subdivision should be finished in the next 2 weeks (hmmm...) and then they will be able to do the levels and get the plans drawn up.

3. I had my conveyancer get the updated title ( needed to be in the last 30 days)  for the Avenue because that is what i will need to apply for my permit, which she was able to do so i guess i have one thing done.

Basically i am just playing a waiting game now, hoping that the Avenue get this overrule for  the whole estate but if i not i will be doing my permit application as soon as the subdivision is finished, just to stay on the safe side.

Also we have been told that we should be titling in Feb now (pushed out another month) but oh well Feb isn't to bad, I have my fingers crossed for a March start.


Picture of our crossover and the pile of dirt sitting right on our land.

3 comments:

JayJay said...

I wouldn't hold my breathe things like this take longer than they tell you. You'd be extrememly lucky if it happens on time. I know that's not what you want to hear, but that the nature of the beast.

Reinsey said...

Sounds like you've done pretty much all you can do in advance. Can totally empathize with you. All I can say is keep your focus on the end result. All the other stuff in between will work itself out :)

Tash said...

Im staying focused Reinsey, and staying positive, we had a call from our convayancer last friday to tell us that we should title any day now, so thats great, the planning permit will be done either way so at least if i have to do it i will be ready :) thanks to some great help from you and Emilio!!